Sesen may provide additional or supplemental privacy notices to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect the personal information, for example, in connection with our clinical trials. These supplemental privacy policies govern how we may process your information in those contexts.
For purposes of this policy “Sesen” refers to any entity which is at any time the parent or subsidiary of Sesen Bio, Inc., and any of its Affiliates. For purposes of this policy, a Company “Affiliate” shall mean an entity which is an affiliate of the Company by virtue of common (although not necessarily identical) ownership and over which the Company directly or indirectly has the power to direct or cause the direction of the management of policies, whether by exercising voting power, by contract or otherwise.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide.
Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, phone number, company name, and email address.
- Biographical and demographic information, such as date of birth, age, and gender.
- Health and medical information we collect in connection with managing clinical trials, conducting research, and tracking adverse event reports.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications as well as details about how you engage with our communications.
- Engagement data, such as information about the programs, conferences, and activities in which you have participated, and the agreements you have executed with us.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Healthcare organizations, such as your healthcare providers, industry and patient groups / associations.
- Research organizations, such as clinical trial investigators or contract researchers.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms or public records.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, such as:
- Device data, such as your computers or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following automatic data collection technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser, in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery, including to:
- provide, operate, and improve the Service;
- provide information about our Service, our clinical trials or other products and services;
- communicate with you, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you Sesen-related direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt out of marketing communications section below.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, payment processors, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the Compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Sesen or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties or the public on or through our Service, that information can be seen, collected, and used by others. We are not responsible for any use of such information by others.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertisers offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: networkadvertising.org
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Decline to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain Service functionality. If you do not provide the information, we identify as required or mandatory or later request that we delete it, we may not be able to provide that functionality.
Other Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
When you visit the “Careers” portion of our website or apply for a job, we collect the information that you provide to us in connection with your job application. This includes business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information of the type that may be included in a resume. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We use this information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, to monitor recruitment statistics, and to respond to surveys. We may also use this information to provide improved administration of our websites, and as otherwise necessary (a) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; (b) to protect and defend our or others’ rights or property; and/or (c) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law or the terms governing our provision of the Service.
How To Contact Us
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or at the following mailing address:
Sesen Bio, Inc
245 First Street